Breathe Better. Live Better.
The AeroKat* Chamber enables you to manage your cat's asthma, chronic bronchitis, allergic rhinitis and other respiratory conditions with targeted delivery of inhaled medications to the lungs – just like human children. Designed specifically for cats and their pet parents, the vet-tested and cat-approved AeroKat* Chamber makes using inhaled medications easier than pilling and safer than the side effects of prednisone. The AeroKat* Chamber is designed to help you and your cat continue to have happy, playful lives together.
- Fits animals, not people
- Soft and doesn’t pull on hair or fur
- Specially designed for low inhalation flows of cats
- Keeps medication in, while being sensitive enough to open during respiratory distress
- Makes more medication available for better performance and less drug waste
- Longer Holding Time
- Holds medication longer to allow your pet more time to empty the chamber
Made in Canada
- Made with Canadian and American parts by the makers of the AeroChamber* brand of chambers for human use
- No force feeding or hiding pills in food
- Well accepted and can be used with any metered dose inhaler
Help your cat live their best life, and get the chamber most sold by veterinarians in the USA for cats today.(REF: 2019 USA Vet sales data)
Make Every Puff Count
Designed specifically for cats, the AeroKat* Chamber helps ensure that your cat gets the right dose of medication. This means more medication is available to get to their lungs, where they need it. And, you save money by not paying for wasted medication. ALWAYS consult and follow the instructions of your veterinarian before giving your animal any medication! Only use inhalers as prescribed by your veterinarian.
How it Works
The AeroKat* Chamber is designed for cats to work with metered dose inhalers (MDIs). The AeroKat* Chamber captures and holds the medication in the chamber until your cat breathes it in.
Mask keeps a tight seal
Comes with two sizes of animal masks to fit all types of cats, which ensures a proper seal and avoids getting any medication on their skin, fur and eyes.
Chamber holds the medication
The chamber is designed to hold medication longer for pets with smaller lung capacity, those who may be in distress or who need extra time to take their first breath.
Flow-Vu* indicator helps you count breaths
The patented Flow-Vu* indicator shows you that your cat is taking their medication correctly, whether there’s a proper mask seal, and how many breaths they’re taking.
How to Use the AeroKat* Chamber
How to Train Your Cat to Use the AeroKat* Chamber
How to Use the AeroKat* Chamber
Cat asthma is treated like asthma in humans – with corticosteroids to reduce inflammation and often bronchodilators to open the airways up during an asthma attack.
Since cats can’t use a puffer or metered dose inhaler the same way humans do, they need a chamber, also called a spacer, with a mask.
There are many ways to help your cat get used to using their inhaler and AeroKat* Chamber, including playing, hugs and treats. The AeroKat* Chamber also allows you to “puff” the inhaler medication into the chamber away from your cat to avoid making a sound your cat may not understand or like.
Once you’ve followed our tips and tricks to get your cat used to the inhaler, don’t be surprised if your cat comes running when its time to give them their medication. With a little practice and love, this becomes an easy part of helping your cat lead a healthy and happy life.
Easier for Pet Parents
- More than 80% of pet parents find the AeroKat* Chamber easier to use than pilling for cat asthma and other cat breathing problems1 (1Survey of Pet Owners who have used both oral and inhaled therapies. TMI data on file.)
- No force-feeding or hiding pills in food
- Simply puff the medication into the chamber and allow your cat to breathe normally through the mask
- As the pet inhales, the Flow-Vu* indicator moves to give pet parents feedback and confidence that your pet is getting the right dose
Easy to Use
Shake inhaler and insert into back of chamber
Gently apply the mask so that it covers the nose and mouth but not the eyes
Press the inhaler
Watch the Flow-Vu* indicator and count 7-10 breaths
You can switch the order of steps 2 and 3 if your cat is startled by the sound of the inhaler
Tips & Tricks
Make it a pawsitive experience by following the CONDITION, LOVE, REWARD approach.
Slowly and calmly familiarize your pet to the chamber before administering a dose
Provide lots of hugs, pets and cuddles before, during and after treatment
Give treats before and after
Fitting Your Cat
There are two mask sizes for cats. See our handy guide below or print out our custom mask sizer to find out which size works best for your pet. The mask should cover their nose and mouth, but not their eyes.
How to Clean the AeroKat* Chamber